Revelation server information, extra rules, and banned items.

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

Thorgal

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 12, 2018
Our second modded Minecraft server opens its doors today - FTB Revelation!

This server, and my vision for its future, differs vastly from the StoneBlock server that we've opened a few weeks back. I simply don't want this sever to be a typical server where many new people join just to rush to endgame or finish a quest book.

I am looking for long-term players for this server that love to build, take pride in their creations, and care more about fun and beauty than automations. Of course everyone is allowed to set up machines and automations, but we don't want players that just stuff them into a hole in the mountain or scattered throughout a grass field. These kinds of builds will be looked down upon and the players responsible talked to.

So at this point some of you might ask yourself - "Who do you think you are telling people how to play Minecraft?" Well, to be frank, it's our server, and I know the majority of our core players feel as I do, so understand that this isn't just my opinion and outlook for this server.

I also decided to make this server a whitelist server. In order for you to play on this server, you have to send a PM to Thorgal on these forums (NOT Discord). Due to time zones and personal responsibilities outside of FTOG, it may take up to 24 hours until you get a reply to your message. All other staff and I know the bases of all the players on the StoneBlock and past servers well, and we will base our decision whether to whitelist you on what we remember from those. It also helps to put some effort in to your application. When approved, you will be whitelisted, and I will send you the IP to the server.

Thorgal

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 12, 2018
Server Information:
  • Worldborder: 5000 blocks radius
  • Nether portal creation disabled; please use the Nether portal at spawn
  • Villages, Overworld End Fortresses, Astral Sorcery Structures, Tinkers Islands, Roots structures, and AE2 meteors all disabled in the overworld.
  • You can find Tinkers Islands and AE2 meteors in the Aroma Mining Dimension
  • Because Astral Sorcery Structures are disabled we give everyone one floating crystal in their starting inventory. Make sure to put it in a safe place because if you lose it we will not reimburse it.
  • The end portal at spawn will not be opened until many weeks from today and we will kill the ender dragon as a group. We will give ample notification before this event happens.
  • To make it easier for your to get far away from spawn, we setup a random teleport portal at spawn as well (/rtp command does not work).
  • Pumping in the Nether is prohibited.
You also need to add the "Item Blacklist" mod to the Revelation modpack on your client: https://ftog.net/threads/how-to-add-mods-to-a-modpack-on-the-twitch-launcher.16/

Banned Items (all worlds):
  • EFLN (Tinkers)
  • Industrial TNT (IC2)
  • Nuke (IC2)
  • Shard of Laputa (Botania)
  • Teru Teru Bozu (Botania)
  • Rod of the Shaded Mesa (Botania)
  • Lens of the Killer (AA)
  • Lens of Certain Death (AA)
  • Block Breaker from (AA)
  • Player Probe (AA)
  • Traveler Sack (AA)
  • Debug Card (OpenComputers)
  • Celestial Manipulator (Draconic)
  • Rainmaker (Forestry)
  • Bag of Holding (XU2)
  • Redstone Clock (XU2)
  • Chemical Thrower (IE)
  • Dynamite (IC2)
  • Moving Wand (NEW)
  • Displacement Wand (NEW)
  • Bee Gun (CareerBees)
  • Shatter Petal Dust (Roots)
  • Light Drifter Petal Dust (Roots)
  • Quantum Quarry (XU2)
  • Imperfect Ritual of Night (BloodMagic)
  • Imperfect Ritual of Rain (BloodMagic)
  • Ritual of the Feller (BloodMagic)
  • Rod of Lyssa (Reliquary)
  • Forestry Greenhouse module disabled
Items limited to certain dimensions:
  • RFTools Builder: Aroma Mining Dimension
  • AA Vertical Digger: Aroma Mining Dimension
Pumps banned in the Nether:
  • Mechanical Pump (Embers)
  • Fluid Pump (IE)
  • Fluid Pump (IndustrialForegoing)
  • Pump (IC2)
  • Pump (Rangedpumps)

Last edited:

Bethod

Oct 14, 2018
I'm not sure if it is intentional, but today I tried to place an IC2 generator but couldn't because it said "Banned Item". But it is not on the list above.

Thorgal

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 12, 2018
I'm not sure if it is intentional, but today I tried to place an IC2 generator but couldn't because it said "Banned Item". But it is not on the list above.
I'll look in to it as it should not be banned.
It should be fixed now, please let me know if you can place the generator now.

Last edited:

Azami1990

Oct 14, 2018
I just needed a Emerald and don't wanted to farm for one.
Maybe the Info should be changed, I wasn't the only one searching for a village. It's not perfectly clear

Fowah

Nov 4, 2018
You can always get zombie villagers and then cure then for villagers, then breed them to get the ones you want.

Support FTOG

Total amount
$160.00
Goal
$150.00

Top Donors

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Preparing myself for what I want to do in the sense of building on a new server.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billyfuccillo