Twitch Modpack download issues

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by g0053, Sep 3, 2017.

1. g0053

g0053 New Member

Hi All,

Hope your all well! Been a while since I've last been on and posted due to a new job and first child!

I've recently started to get back into Minecraft and have the Twitch launcher (merged from Curse). However when I go to install Quantus (great work Thorgal btw!) I get the error: Addon Instance has no full path!

I've tried uninstalling both twitch and minecraft to no avail and wondered if anyone has had a similar issue?

Any help would be great!

Thanks g0053

2. nzHook

nzHook Member

Twitch has been doing some really odd things the last few days. I was getting 'Cannot find child addon' and something about Curse Radium being thrown. It will likely fix itself if you keep trying, otherwise the solution I used was the dev version of MultiMC as it supports importing the zip files from Twitch and seems a lot faster to load and use (its a launcher for Minecraft, not a chat/streaming client with Minecraft as a side thought). Note however you will need the zip file for the pack (available as a download on the project page), it wont notify you of updates and is likely not supported by Pack creators.

g0053 likes this.
  3. g0053

g0053 New Member

Thanks nzHook, after some digging it does seem to be a community wide issue. Glad to hear there is a way around the problem - now got to put my limited computer skills to the test!

4. Grok the DuckFarmer

Member PWWO

I've hit this issue with several different modpacks and sometimes when upgrading them. I have just kept trying the reinstall, and it eventually works. Eventually being the key word there. :)

5. Garimon

Garimon New Member

I actually just had the same issue, but with Modern Skyblock 2. Yesterday I had it happen with Regrowth. It doesn't seem to matter whether it's an older modpack or new one, It's something about the Twitch launcher being, well...twitchy.

Yes, I know, don't shoot me.

Looking forward to getting onto the server!