Server Rules and Information

Discussion in 'FTB Beyond' started by ftog_thorgal, Apr 5, 2017.

1. ftog_thorgal

ftog_thorgal Administrator Staff Member Moderator YouTuber Member

New Nuts and Bolts Torque Server Rules here: http://ftog.net/threads/server-rules-and-information.6117/

The FTB Beyond server is our newest gray-list community server. We invite everyone to play on it and have fun with everyone in FTOG, but to ensure that the server stays stable and is fun for everyone we must abide to certain rules, and these rules will be strictly enforced and if you don't follow them you will get banned from playing on the server.

Server Rules
    • No Griefing
    • You are reponsible to claim via FTB Utilities your base, farms, and other areas that you use.
      • If you give anyone else access to your claim via Teams, Allies, or Friends, it is your responsibility if those people destroy or take your stuff. We will not reimburse or enforce this type of griefing because you granted them access to your claims.
    • No Spamming
    • No Advertising
    • Chat is PG, absolutely no cussing, profanity, or alluding of profanity. Yes, this includes 'WTF.'
    • No Trolling or Flaming
    • Do not ask for OP, Ranks, or Items
    • Respect all Players
    • No Racist or Sexist Remarks
    • No politics in chat
    • Do not use extra mods that are not in the default FTB Beyond modpack. Optifine and Schematica are the only exception.
    • No Full Caps Messages
    • Do not leave any 1x1 Towers or other Nerd poles
    • No weather or time changing machines
    • No quarries or automatic mining in the Overworld, Nether or End (no builders for any reason in these worlds)
    • No pumping lava in the Nether
    • No drop parties of any kind
    • Do not knowingly destroy server performance
      • Be mindful of mods, blocks, and actions that ruin TPS
      • It is your responsibility to keep up-to-date and to learn vicariously through the #ftb-beyond-server Discord chat; If there are setups or blocks that we found that are causing server lag and mention it in Discord, there is no excuse for you not knowing about it.
    • You are responsible for your account!
      • If your account breaks the rules, you will be held accountable
      • There is zero tolerance for someone else using your account
    While we welcome everyone to join us after a basic ban check, no one has the right to play on any FTOG servers and we reserve the right to limit or remove access at any time.

Here is how you can join the server
    • You need to have an account on this website.
    • You need to join our Discord server here: https://discord.gg/qx6hX3t
    • You need to apply to be whitelisted in the #whitelist-applications discord chat with the following information: Server you want to be whitelisted on, your website account name and your Minecraft account name
      Example:
      "Hello everyone! My name is Thorgal and I am from Germany. I would like to play with you all on the Beyond server. My forum name is Thorgal and my Minecraft IGN is ftog_thorgal."
    • Once one of the staff read your request, we will then check multiple websites for prior bans on other servers and if there hasn't been any we will whitelist you and send you the address for the server.
    • Please be patient because our staff are all volunteers and it might take some time to get to your request.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  2. Toddythebody

Toddythebody Member Member

Hope meet a lot of new people on these servers. XD

3. smoothc

smoothc New Member Member

Hello everyone! My name is SmoothC and I am from Florida.

I do have a question, I do not know what "no drop parties of any kind" means, I assume not leaving a bunch of items on the ground?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  4. castor520

castor520 New Member Member

A drop party is when you gather lots of people together and throw items at them from a distance, fun activity, good for people that are starting out, but can cause bad lag with the number of people in one area and all the entities that are present.

5. smoothc

smoothc New Member Member

Alright, not doing that, check.

6. Phrogie

Phrogie New Member Member

Just to clarify, quarrying in the Deep Dark is okay? (clarifying before I set anything up)
    Also, does the Deep Dark get re-set at any point, or is it just the Mining Age that gets occasionally re-set?

7. ftog_thorgal

Quarrying in the Deep Dark is okay.

8. Argo11

Argo11 New Member Member

Just a friendly warning, the Discord invite is now expired and does not work.
    I found this out because SOMEONE, not saying who, just a glitch on my computer, kicked me from the chat and triggered me

9. ftog_thorgal

Oh you can say it, Glitch banned you from Discord and removed you from the whitelist because we had multiple complaints about your attitude and when you were approached about it you replied snarky again. I even mentioned it to you about a week ago in Discord voice that you always need to make snarky remarks and you just growled at me "proof it, show me where I said something". I wish you the best in the future and hope that you can find a community that you like better.

Argo11 likes this.
  10. Argo11

Argo11 New Member Member

I'll admit that comment was snarky. I was a bit annoyed when Glitch kicked me from the chat(and surprised that you can apparently do that), so I wasn't really thinking straight when I was typing that. I'll try to fix myself so that I'm not snarky or rude or anything like that.

The part about the proof was because I'm the type of person that kinda needs those to fix myself, because I can't really fix myself without knowing what I did or what to fix(yes I know I'm suppose to fix my snarkyness). But a proof is just one thing that can help me fix myself(especially I also hate that part about myself and would like to seriously kick it out of the personality family)

Edit: I probably shouldn't have put this in here

11. REDRUM

REDRUM New Member Member

Hi guys, new here... just wondering if any servers are still available to play on?

Thanks, REDRUM.